Coal River Valley wine region
The Coal River region surrounding Richmond is an award winning wine producing area with a similar latitude to the famous wine regions of France and Germany. Only a 20 minute scenic drive from the city and you are amongst the largest concentration of privately owned vineyards in Tasmania. While some of the vineyards have regular trading hours others are open by appointment for tasting and sales.
Southern Tasmania's climate produces wines more like those of Europe than mainland Australia - internationally acclaimed reds and whites of exceptional quality. Some of the vineyards have regular trading hours, others are open by appointment for tasting and sales.
- 572 Richmond Rd
- Charles Rueben Estate, 777 Middle Tea Tree Rd
- Clemens Hill, 686 Richmond Rd
- Coal Valley Vineyard, 257 Richmond Rd
- Craigow, 528 Richmond Rd
- Ese Vineyards, 1013 Tea Tree Road
- Hood Wines, 489 Richmond Rd
- Kraanwood, 8 Woodies Place
- Frogmore Creek, 699 Richmond Road
- Milford Vineyard, 1431 Tasman Hwy
- Morningside, 711 Middle Tea Tree Rd
- Palmara Vineyard, 1314 Richmond Rd
- Pooley Wines, Belmont Lodgw, Richmond Rd
- Stoney Domaine A, Tea Tree Rd
- Tolpuddle, Back Tea Tree Rd
- Woodlands Wines, Tea Tree Rd
Richmond Historic Village
You could also stay overnight in Richmond Historic Village, where accommodation suits all tastes and budgets.
Ricmond is located in the centre of the Coal River Valley and is Australia's finest Georgian village, with its original courthouse, churches and cottages and the oldest bridge, gaol and Catholic church in the country.
Also see the Wine South web site, which includes the Coal River Valley.