Citizen of the Year
The City of Clarence Citizen of the Year Awards recognises the achievements of individuals and events that make a real and positive difference in the community and help to inspire others.
Awards are presented in the categories of:
- Citizen of the Year
- Senior Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Event of the Year
Nomination eligibility requirements
To be eligible for a City of Clarence Citizen of the Year Award:
- Recognised as a citizen of Clarence.
- Nominees of all ages will be considered for the Citizen of the Year Award.
- Nominees aged under 30 years will also be considered for the Young Citizen of the Year Award.
- Nominees aged 60 years and over will also be considered for the Senior Citizen of the Year Award.
- Ages are as of 26 January of the awards year.
- Two or more individuals may be nominated jointly for an individual award.
- Groups are eligible to apply in the Community Event of the Year category.
- Only events held in Clarence will be considered for Community Event of the Year.
Cultural Creative Advisory CommitteeShow / Hide
One of the roles of the Cultural Creative Advisory Committee is to select the recipients for the City of Clarence Awards and oversee the promotion and presentation of the awards each year.
The current committee members are: