The Hobart City Deal
The City deal is a 10 year partnership between the Clarence, Glenorchy, Hobart and Kingborough councils, and the Tasmanian and Australian Governments. The City Deal provides a framework to guide and encourage further investment across Greater Hobart embracing opportunities for growth and addressing key strategic and infrastructure challenges. The Hobart City Deal Implementation Plan is a rolling three year action plan to support the delivery of the commitments identified in the Hobart City Deal.
What does the City Deal mean for Clarence?
We are encouraging the fully funded Derwent Ferry trial service between Bellerive and Hobart to start in 2021, and aiming for the City Heart Project and Bayview College Sporting Precinct Master Plan to create thriving and vibrant places to live, work, learn and visit.
We are also promoting the Greater Hobart Digital Twin project and the Greater Hobart Smart Precincts Strategy, initiatives that will support the digital transformation of Greater Hobart.
The Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership
The Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership is a collaboration between the Clarence, Glenorchy, Hobart and Kingborough councils to implement the Greater Hobart Act 2019 Work Plan and to deliver the Hobart City Deal projects.
The Mayors and General Managers of the Greater Hobart Councils are the Steering Committee for this Partnership and provide high-level strategic oversight.
Greater Hobart is already home to around 199 000 people and is expected to reach 227 000 residents by 2040. Integrated planning and development is vital to guide development and planning across Greater Hobart for the next 30 years, and to ensure it grows to be a thriving and inspiring place to live.
The Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership also collaborates to strategically advocate for the residents of Greater Hobart as it changes and grows.
The councils jointly fund the role of the Executive Officer, Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership to support the councils to implement the Greater Hobart Act and Hobart City Deal. For further information about the Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership contact Jacqui Loring at email@example.com.
Advocacy SubmissionsShow / Hide
- 2022 Greater Hobart Federal Election Priorities
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership State Budget Submission 22-23
- Tasmanian State Election 2021
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership State budget submission 21-22
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership State Budget Submission 20-21
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership – State Grants Commission Joint Hearing 2021
- Greater Hobart Strategic Parntership PESRAC Phase 2 Submission Nov 2020
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership PESRAC submission June 2020
Media ReleasesShow / Hide
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership Media Release – 2022 Federal Election outcome – 23 May 2022
- Greater Hobart Mayors Media Release – Hobart Mayors call for full funding commitment greater collaboration on Antarctic and Science Precinct – 8 April 2022
- Greater Hobart Committee – Meeting 4 Communiqué – 18 August 2021
- Greater Hobart Mayors joint statement ferry announcement 25 March 2021
- Greater Hobart Mayors welcome transport election commitments Media Release 28 April 2021
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership State Election priorities 2021
- 2050 Vision for Greater Hobart – Have Your Say March 2021
- Greater Hobart Strategic Partnership welcomes City Deal funding in Kingborough June 2020