Filming in the City

We support the use of locations in the City of Clarence to be used for film and photo shoots.

Filming/photography permits

We regulate filming and photography permits to ensure that activities are conducted according to our safety and amenity regulations, and to minimise interruptions to residents and businesses.

You will require a permit if you are using a street, park, mall, carpark, roadway, cycleway or other public areas within the City of Clarence local government area to film or take photos of a commercial nature.

A permit is not required if you are filming on private property, however, if it impacts any of the above, you will need to obtain a permit from us.

How to apply

  • Download or complete the Application for Facilities Use Permit
  • Attach a copy of the public liability insurance (minimum AU$20 million)
  • Attach a risk assessment/safe work method statement (if required)
  • Attach a copy of any traffic management plans (if required)
  • Attach a site plan if setting up vans, etc on Council land

The form and attachments need to be sent to

We require a filming permit to be submitted a minimum of 14 business days before filming.


Fees will be determined based on the above information.