Economic development in Clarence
We actively encourage sustainable development within the city that will establish or expand business, employment opportunities, or local services, through:
- Marketing and promotion of the city’s location, identity and strengths
- Identification of development opportunities
- Planning the required support infrastructure and services
- Provision of information and advice to potential developers
- Liaison with business, tourism and development organisations
- 12 month rates exemption for new private sector non-residential developments in Clarence.
Economic development plan
Our economic development plan provides a framework for economic development in Clarence and a plan to guide management and activities for the period to 2021. It focuses on how we can apply the resources we have to facilitate improved economic performance and productivity within the key sectors of Clarence to achieve our strategic objectives of ‘prosperity, vibrancy and sustainability’. This ensures that while the plan’s primary focus is economic; it also focuses on how economic development flows on to achieve the social benefits of an attractive, liveable and sustainable community.
The plan is action and future oriented; it defines a range of key activities identified as important for the development of the sectors of the Clarence economy.