Paying your rates
Property rates are our principal revenue source. Valuations provided by the Valuer-General are used to calculate the rates on each property. Rates are charged for various services and owners pay rates according to whether all or only some of the services supplied are available to a particular property.
You may pay your rates in total on or before the first instalment date or by four instalments usually due in August, October, January and April.
If you have a question for our rates team you can contact them by emailing email@example.com or by calling 03 6217 9650.
Make an online payment
Pay your rates via our BPOINT portal.
Application for concession rates remission 2022-23
If you hold a pension card you may be eligible for a concession rates remission.
Sign up to receive your rates notices via email.
Rates direct debit form
Fill out our online application form to have your property rates direct debited from your chosen bank account.
Update your contact details
Complete this form if any of your contact details have changed.
- COVID 19 Financial Hardship Policy 2021281.6KB
- Direct Debit Application Form and Service Agreement223.8KB
- Full List of Fees and Charges 2022-23398.9KB
- Rates email registration form96.1KB
Frequently asked questions
Ways to pay your ratesShow / Hide
There are many ways you can pay your rates
- There are a number of ways that you can pay your rates:
- Pay online on Council’s Website https://www.bpoint.com.au/pay/clarencecitycouncil – credit card only
- Pay at any Australia Post office
- BPAY – through your Bank’s internet banking service – pay with your savings, cheque account or credit card. Council’s biller code is 129163
- BPoint – Credit Card only – by phone dial 1300 276 468 anytime. Council’s biller code is 241927
- Call the Rates office on 03 6217 9500 to pay by Credit Card
- Pay by cheque or money order payable to Clarence City Council together with your payment slip to:
- Po Box 96 Rosny Park 7018
- A receipt will only be issued on request.
For your peace of mind and Council security please do not send cash in the mail to pay your rates.
If you have your instalment reminder notice there are details on the back of the notice on how you can pay your rates.