Clarence City Council has a friendship city agreement with the City of Binzhou in the People’s Republic of China.
A Memorandum of Understanding on the establishment of a friendship city was signed on 11 May 2017.
The purpose of the memorandum of understanding is to enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the two cities. This includes:
- Exchanges and cooperation between the cities in areas such as trade, investment, science and technology, culture, education, sports, public health and tourism.
- Regular contact between leaders and relevant areas of administration to facilitate consultations on the relationship, as well as matters of common concern.
The Memorandum of Understanding addresses collaboration in the following areas:
- Education (student study tours, teacher training and exchange)
- Trade and agricultural products
- Clean technology and resources, environment protection (industry experts and organisations from Clarence to Binzhou)
- Strengthen cultural exchange (e.g. festivals, sports events, arts and culture).