Clarence Recreation Needs Analysis
The Recreation Needs Analysis is a strategic review of current and projected demand for sport and recreation, for the purpose of informing council’s future planning and investment across the City of Clarence.
The document provides direction to council for future provisions including key actions to be undertaken over an extended period of time and requiring council budget allocations, peak body co-investment, and State and Commonwealth grants.
The development of the Recreation Needs Analysis involved:
- Review of supply and demand including analysis of sport and recreation trends
- Inspection of council sport and recreation facilities
- Consultation with key sport and recreation stakeholders including council staff, local clubs, state sporting associations and state agencies.
In addition to the strategic actions identified in the Recreation Needs Analysis, guiding principles have been established to guide future provision and council’s decision making process:
- Maximise use of existing assets through efficient use of sports surfaces and buildings
- Prioritise projects that have an immediate impact on participation growth, promote year round access and/or increase the existing capacity of sporting facilities.
- Promote projects that maximise value for money and support the needs of the Clarence community, peak sporting bodies, and broader government agencies.
- Continue to identify and plan for new modern sporting facilities, where the need is demonstrated.
- Sporting facilities will be fit for purpose and promote universal design to provide inclusive opportunities for all ages, genders, cultures and abilities.
- Ensure facility development contributes to the viability and sustainability of Clarence sporting clubs.
- Identify shared facility provision and investment through strategic partnerships with local clubs, peak bodies, state agencies and all levels of government.
The Clarence Recreation Needs Analysis was endorsed by council on Monday 18 March 2019 and is available to view in full below.