Sponsorship of events and activities
We sponsor events and activities in the city that support the social, cultural, environmental and economic life of the city. Sponsorship can include financial and in-kind support for a diverse range of events and activities held in the city.
- Event/activity must be held in the City of Clarence
- Have direct benefit for the community and/or visitors
- Be not-for-profit
- Demonstrated need and proposed outcomes
- Encourages local participation, strengthens social cohesion and accessible
- Evidence of a realistic budget
- Acknowledgement of Council’s assistance in any promotional material and publicity for the event
- Demonstrate that a program of events and activities have been prepared with an appropriate publicity and promotions campaign.
Events and activities that aren’t eligible
Council will not provide sponsorship for:
- Events or activities not held in, or for the benefit of the City of Clarence
- For-profit organisations, including small businesses and individuals
- Federal, state and local agencies
- Private commercial ventures or events that primarily showcase businesses/stall holders to promote or sell services/products. We will provide in-kind support and assistance where wider community benefit is evident.
- Events or activities that have already received funding from another City of Clarence funding program, e.g. grant
Sponsorship can include the following:
- Financial contribution towards the event or activity
- Reduced or no cost for the use of a council owned facility/venue
- In-kind support
- Use of banner sign poles in Bellerive Village or Rosny Bus Mall (does not include materials, printing, production, installation or dismantling of banners)
How to apply
Complete the request for sponsorship form. Evidence of meeting the eligibility criteria set out above is to be reflected in the form.
Before completing an application, we suggest you discuss your application with our Manager Communications and Strategic Development on 03 6217 9531.