Sponsorship of events
We sponsor events in the city that support the social, cultural, environmental and economic life of the city. Sponsorship can include financial and in-kind support for a diverse range of events and activities held in the city.
- Event must be held in the City of Clarence
- Have direct benefit for the community and/or visitors
- Be not-for-profit
- Demonstrated need and proposed outcomes
- Encourages local participation, strengthens social cohesion and accessible
- Evidence of a realistic budget
- Acknowledgement of Council’s assistance in any promotional material and publicity for the event
- Demonstrate that a program of events has been prepared with an appropriate publicity and promotions campaign.
Events that aren’t eligible
Council will not provide sponsorship for:
- Events not held in the City of Clarence
- For-profit organisations, including small businesses and individuals
- Federal, state and local agencies
- Private commercial ventures or events that primarily showcase businesses/stall holders to promote or sell services/products. We will provide in-kind support and assistance where wider community benefit is evident.
- Events that have already received funding from another City of Clarence funding program, e.g. grant
Sponsorship can include the following:
- Financial contribution towards running the event
- Reduced or no cost for the use of a council owned facility/venue
- In-kind support
- Use of banner sign poles in Bellerive Village or Rosny Bus Mall (does not include materials, printing, production, installation or dismantling of banners)
How to apply
Sponsorship requests can be forwarded to council for consideration and must include:
- Completed Request for Sponsorship form and additional documentation where identified
- Event sponsorship prospectus
- Evidence of meeting the eligibility criteria set out above.
The sponsorship proposal can be forwarded by:
Mail: PO Box 96, Rosny Park TAS 7018
Hand delivered: Council Offices, 38 Bligh Street, Rosny Park
Before completing an application, we suggest you discuss your application with our Communications and Marketing Coordinator.