Landcare & Coastcare Grants
We allocate funding to support land and coastcare projects in the City of Clarence each year.
The grants help local groups to run environmental projects predominantly on Council managed land. Projects not on council managed land can still be eligible, but the application needs to demonstrate outstanding community benefit.
Landcare, coastcare, scout, guide, service clubs and school groups are invited to complete applications to help fund projects that meet the grant assessment criteria below.
Projects which meet the assessment criteria are eligible for grants up to $5,000.
Grant assessment criteria
Below is a list of criteria used to assess grant applications by the NRM and Grants Committee. Committee members will assess grant applications using the below criteria to determine if an application is successful or not.
- Previous project funding from council must be acquitted prior to submitting a grant application
- Project demonstrates a broader community benefit
- Grant applications represents good value for the cost of the project (money and in-kind support)
- Group has the current capacity (consider membership, time, skills, motivation and experience) to manage their landcare project
- Group has the potential future capacity (see above) to maintain outcomes (regular monitoring, follow up weed control, watering, gapping up of plantings etc.)
- Project will increase the skills and abilities of the group
- Project has significant conservation outcomes (improves biodiversity health, reduces threats to natural values)
- Project has the potential to enable or catalyse the development and implementation of other beneficial projects or create significant awareness of the local natural resource values and their management issues.
- Project actions are easy to implement and not complex
- Grant application and project have links with a management plan or relevant strategy
- Grant promotes community engagement and awareness
Click on the following document to download the land and coastcare grant program assessment criteria.
Land and Coast Care Grant Program Assessment Criteria
Land and coastcare grant program assessment criteriaDownload File 339.2KB
How to Apply
Interested land and coastcare groups will need to complete an application form detailing the project, site, project description and additional information to assess the application.
Successful groups will need to complete a program acquittal report and attach expenditure records, receipts and tax invoices to us within two weeks of the project being completed.
Application forms are to be forwarded to Council:
In person Council Offices, 38 Bligh Street, Rosny Park TAS 7018
Mail PO Box 96, Rosny Park TAS 7018
Email clarence @ccc.tas.gov.au