Applications for the 2022-23 grants program are now closed.
We allocate funding to support landcare and coastcare projects in the City of Clarence each year.
Community care groups and schools are invited to submit applications of up to $5000 to help fund projects that meet the grant assessment criteria.
Grant Assessment CriteriaShow / Hide
Council’s Natural Resource Management and Grants Committee assesses grant applications against the criteria listed below.
The grants help local groups to run environmental projects predominantly on council-managed land. Projects not on council-managed land can still be eligible, but the application needs to demonstrate outstanding community benefit. Please contact us to discuss if you are unsure if your project meets the assessment criteria.
- Previous project funding from council has been successfully acquitted.
- Group has the current capacity (consider membership, time, skills, motivation and experience) to manage and achieve their project.
- Group has the potential future capacity (see above) to maintain outcomes (regular monitoring, weed control, watering).
- The project will increase the skills, knowledge and capacity of the group.
- The project has significant conservation outcomes (improves biodiversity health, reduces threats to natural values).
- The project demonstrates broader community benefit or promotes community engagement and awareness.
- Project application represents good value (through in-kind support).
- The project has the potential to enable or catalyse the development and implementation of other beneficial projects or create significant awareness of the local natural resource values and their management issues.
- Project activities have links with an approved reserve activity plan, management plan or relevant strategy.
A hard copy of the landcare and coastcare grant assessment criteria can be downloaded here.
How to Apply
During the annual application period, you can complete an online grant application form below.
Please note that you will also need to download and complete a project budget to be uploaded with your online application. The project budget template can be downloaded here. Once completed, please submit the form along with any additional information to email@example.com
If you would prefer to complete a hard copy application, you can download the application form below.
Once a project is complete, an acquittal report with expenditure records and copies of tax invoices should be forwarded to council within two weeks of the project’s completion.
You can complete an online acquittal report below.
Please note that you will also need to download and complete a project costs report to be uploaded with your online application. The project costs template can be downloaded here.
If you would prefer to complete a hard copy report, you can download the acquittal report below.
Hard copy application forms are to be forwarded to council:
In person Council Offices, 38 Bligh Street, Rosny Park TAS 7018
Mail PO Box 96, Rosny Park TAS 7018