Major works in Bellerive Village to improve stormwater drainage and pedestrian amenity were completed in mid-December 2023.
The stormwater upgrade will improve protection from stormwater inundation during high rainfall events and pedestrian improvements have greatly improved amenity of the area.
We thank the traders and the general public for their patience while the works were being undertaken.
We also thank State-Wide Earthworks Pty Ltd for undertaking the work to a high standard and for working with Council to ensure the needs of the community were met throughout the project.
For additional information please contact council’s Project Manager Mark Painter on 6217 9734 or email@example.com.
Major works are currently under way in Bellerive Village to improve stormwater drainage and pedestrian amenity.
State-Wide Earthworks Pty Ltd commenced council’s project to install stormwater and pedestrian infrastructure in the vicinity of the Cambridge Road and Percy Street intersection in early August 2023.
The stormwater works are necessary to reduce the risk of stormwater inundation of commercial premises near the intersection, while the pedestrian upgrades will improve safety and amenity for pedestrians.
The following work has been completed:
- a new 750mm diameter pipe across Cambridge Road connecting to the existing stormwater pipe in O’May Bros Lane (adjacent to Bellerive Quay Pharmacy);
- a new box culvert in Percy Street connecting to the new stormwater pipe across Cambridge Road;
- a new kerb and additional stormwater pits on both sides of Cambridge Road and Percy Street;
- re-surfacing part of the footpath on both sides of Cambridge Road and Percy Street;
- a raised concrete threshold across Percy Street at Cambridge Road to improve pedestrian crossing amenity, and;
- re-surfacing of Percy Street and Cambridge Road.
Works were initially planned to be completed by the end of November 2023. However, there have been minor delays to the work due to the discovery of poor ground conditions in Percy Street and a significant wet weather event in late October. The work is currently on track to be completed by mid‑December 2023.
It is intended to reopen Percy Street to one-way only traffic (access from Cambridge Road) from Saturday 9 December 2023 to allow the concrete threshold to reach strength ahead of carrying vehicle traffic.
Once works are complete Percy Street will be fully reopened to two‑way traffic.
The work still to be completed includes:
- the installation of pedestrian crossing islands in Cambridge Road;
- completion of the new stormwater inlet pits;
- signage; and
While there are unavoidable impacts on vehicle traffic and parking during the construction period, we will ensure pedestrian access is maintained to all businesses during operating hours. Drivers and pedestrians are, however, instructed to obey all temporary traffic signs.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused during the progress of these works.
This page will be updated throughout the project, however for additional information please contact council’s Project Manager Mark Painter on 6217 9734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 7 December 2023