Bin Placement, Non-collection, Sizes & Damage
- Put your bin/s out the evening before or prior to 6.00am on collection day.
- Place your bin/s on clear ground at the road verge or on the footpath close to the kerb edge next to your driveway and a minimum of 2 metres away from any vehicles.
- Lids are to be fully closed.
- Do not place rubbish on top of or beside the bin.
- The handle should face your property, and the council logo should face the road.
- Bins are to be spaced 1 metre apart.
Sometimes bins may not be emptied due to a number of factors. If the bin is not presented correctly a brightly coloured sticker detailing the nature of the issue will be attached to the uncollected bin. This may occur if:
- The bin is overfull: Overfull bins expose the driver to an increased risk of rubbish falling onto the road or footpath as they complete the service. Our contractor is not obligated to collect any bin that is overfull. Excess waste will need to be disposed of by the resident.
- The bin is contaminated: Mixing other types of material into your recycling or green waste bin will result in the bin not being collected and the resident being responsible for the disposal of those items.
- It is a non-Council bin: Only waste, recycling and green waste bins that display our logo will be collected. Waste in other bins will need to be disposed of by the resident.
- The number of bins presented didn’t match the provision of waste collection services paid for at your property: Bins presented for collection that are above the quantity of bins identified for your property will not be collected and the resident will be responsible for the disposal of those items.
If your bin wasn’t collected and didn’t have a brightly coloured sticker attached explaining why it wasn’t collected, this could be because roadworks were taking place, cars were parked in front of the bin, items were stuck in the bin or the bin may have simply been missed. In these instances please contact us to make alternate arrangements.
Property owners can request a bigger or smaller bin from us. If you are a renter, you will need to ask your landlord or real estate agent to contact us and give permission as fees/rebates may apply, which will be adjusted to the property rates.
We offer a bin repair service for bin lids, wheels and pins. We can also replace bins if they have a broken body, have been burnt, stolen or dropped into the collection truck.