- These activities are undertaken by council’s asset inspection contractor, Infrastructure Management Group as an asset management initiative to obtain detailed video imaging and condition assessment of the community’s footpath assets.
- You may observe quad bike style inspection vehicles traveling on public footways around your work, residences or other locations within the municipality during this period.
- The assessment vehicles are operated by certified pavement inspectors travelling at a brisk walking pace with hazard lighting & other warning devices in operation while completing assessment and video recording activities of footpaths, cycleways and shared access ways.
- Vehicles are clearly identifiable and operators will be vigilant and yield where ever possible to the needs of the pedestrian public.
- We thank you for your tolerance during this brief period of shared amenity access and look forward to providing the benefits of this exercise.
Footpath Condition Inspection
Media ReleaseDate of release: 15 August 2017
We are undertaking an assessment of the regions 450km network of footpaths and shared access paths over the next 3 weeks.