Clarence City Council will soon begin construction of a major upgrade to Pindos Park, Tranmere.
Botanic Resources are undertaking the works and are scheduled to commence onsite in September 2023. It is estimated the works will be completed and the park open for play in March 2024 (weather permitting).
The upgraded Pindos Park will provide an inclusive and family-friendly local park with a coastal theme. Facilities will include:
- new all ages play equipment
- a large play structure with a bridge, climbing elements, lookouts and slides
- two new picnic areas with BBQs
- seating within the playground to allow parents/carers to sit while watching their children play
- nature play equipment for balancing and climbing
- upgraded landscaping and the removal/renewal of some existing vegetation
- a pathway network, including upgrading existing pathways to improve access and connections to the Clarence Foreshore Trail
- open grassed areas for family picnics or kickabout activities
- a fence to fully enclose the play area.
You can view the designs for the new park and playground in the Pindos Park Master Plan.
Every effort will be made to minimise impacts to local roads, footpaths and tracks during construction. Nearby residents will be advised of the works program and relevant project contacts by letter closer to the construction start date.
This page will be updated throughout the construction project, however for additional information please contact councils Project Manager Brian O’Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org