NOTICE OF INTENTION TO DECLARE AREAS – Dog Control Act 2000
Clarence City Council gives notice of its intention to make declarations under the Dog Control Act 2000 that apply to areas specified in Council’s Dog Management Policy 2021 (Schedule of Declared Areas).
The proposed declarations are set out below. To view copies of the plans for each area referenced below, visit www.yoursay.ccc.tas.gov.au
or contact Council on (03) 6217 9520.
Greyhound Off-leash and Vulnerable Dog Exercise Areas South Street Reserve, 34A and 34B South Street, Bellerive.
Changes to existing declared areas within the fenced parts of South Street Reserve shown on the relevant plans, to declare:
- the area shown in purple a Restricted Area, a condition of use of which is that greyhounds are the only dogs permitted in the restricted area and may be exercised off-leash and un-muzzled;
- the area shown in yellow a Restricted Area, a condition of use of which is that vulnerable dogs (being dogs which are small, geriatric or experiencing or recovering from an injury or illness) are the only dogs permitted in the restricted area and may be exercised off-leash;
- the area shown in teal an Exercise Area, a condition of use of which is that dogs may be exercised off-leash in this area at times the area is not being used by the Eastern Shore Dog Club in accordance with its lease terms; and
- all areas enclosed by fences (shown in purple, yellow, teal and green) a ‘training area’ at the times a permit issued to the Eastern Shore Dog Club authorises those areas to be used to conduct dog obedience, agility or other training activities by the club.
- The declarations are proposed to facilitate a 12-month trial of separate off-leash exercise areas for greyhounds and vulnerable dogs, and to reflect that South Street Reserve is used for both organised dog training activities and general off-leash dog exercise.
- On-Leash Exercise Area (change to existing restrictions) Bellerive Boardwalk, 30 Cambridge Road, Bellerive
Changes to the existing declared area at the Bellerive Boardwalk shown on the relevant plans to declare it a Restricted Area, a condition of use of which is that dogs are permitted if they are on a leash but are otherwise restricted from entering the area off-leash, or if the conditions of an event permit declare dogs are not permitted at the event.
Invitation to make written submissions
Council invites written submissions on the proposed changes to declared areas by close of business on Friday, 10 November 2023. Written submissions can be provided:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to:
Clarence City Council
PO Box 96
ROSNY PARK TAS 7018
- In person at Council’s offices at 38 Bligh Street, Rosny Park
For further information please contact Bryn Hannan, Team Leader Open Space and Recreation on (03) 6217 9520 or email@example.com