Held at Bellerive Beach Park, Fitness in the Park sessions are designed so participants can work at their own level and pace.
Open to the whole community, the program provides a way for people to get active, improve their fitness, enjoy the great outdoors, and meet new people. During the daylight savings months, there are three sessions per week available to join in with. A reduced program is offered during the day in the cooler months.
Sessions cover a range of activities, including aerobic exercise, balance, beach yoga, body weight exercise, boxing fitness, circuit training, core stability, functional training, and hill walking.
Winter 2021 program starts 9 April
- Tuesday mornings 9:30am – 10.30am at Bellerive Beach Park, Bellerive
- Friday mornings 9:30am – 10.30am at Bellerive Beach Park, Bellerive
- Sign a waiver for both council and Energy Health – You can fill out the forms at the session or print the forms, fill them out and bring them along.
- Participate in a verbal medical screen and notify trainers of any injuries.
- Wear appropriate footwear.
- Take water.
- Wear hats and sunscreen when necessary.
- A towel or mat is handy for all sessions.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Mums with bubs participating in sessions must have had at least six weeks since birth.
- Please observe physical distancing and stay 1.5m apart.
- Please do not attend if you are unwell or have symptoms of illness.
- Please practice good hygiene and use hand sanitiser
Meeting Points: Due to our parks being refreshed throughout the year, meeting points may change, so please look for the flags on the day.
Bookings: Bookings are not taken for the sessions, just come along.
All programmed sessions will run unless deemed unsafe due to extreme weather.