UPDATED 4.45pm, Friday 11 May 2018
Response to storms in Clarence
***Please note that there is a large amount of water over the road at 68 Bangor Road, Opossum Bay. A council crew will attend and signage will be put in place.
Our crews, SES and other services have been busy attending to significant incidents with the following update: (minor issues will be attended to as resources permit):
- BELLERIVE, 26 Cambridge Road – retaining wall repaired
- GEILSTON BAY, Clinton Road –tree removed off road, clean up next week
- OPOSSUM BAY, end of Spitfarm Road – tree removed off road, clean up next week
- OPOSSUM BAY, Gellibrand Lane – closed as a result of damage to road
- ROKEBY, Knopwood Street – power lines have been attended to
- SOUTH ARM, Harmony Lane – TasNetworks have attended, power is now back on in the area
- TRANMERE, 69 Tranmere Rd – partly cleared and now safe.
To keep up to date during the weekend:
Tasmania Police will update road closures on their website – www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts – currently Seven Mile Beach Esplanade is closed
TasAlerts will provide updates on their Facebook page and also on their website – http://alert.tas.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx
Power outage information is available on TasNetworks website – www.tasnetworks.com.au/current-power-outages/
Reporting emergency storm related incidents from Friday evening through the weekend:
Fallen tree blocking the road – call Council on 6217 9700
Down power lines – TasNetworks on 132 004
SES – 132 500
Life threatening emergencies – 000
Police, non-emergencies – 131 444
Emergency accommodation: Housing Connect on 1800 800 588
Any non-urgent reports, please email us on Clarence@ccc.tas.gov.au
Please stay safe across the weekend as further rainfall expected. Steer clear of fallen power lines, debris and flooded waters and obey signage and the advice of those managing these incidents.