Rosny TAS 7018, Australia
Dog exercise area legend
|Under effective control|
Dog owners are reminded that when a dog is not on a lead, it must be kept under effective control.
Effective control means having your dog:
- In close proximity,
- Within line of sight, and
- Immediately responsive to an owner’s command.
For public land not specifically declared under the provisions of the Dog Control Act 2000, and where land is not already defined under Section 28 of the Act as a prohibited public area, a dog is required to be under ‘effective control’.
Dog waste bins
Dog waste bins are located in many locations around our city in popular dog walking areas. Please use these bins to access waste bags and to deposit any dog litter. It is an offence not to clean up after your dog, and on the spot fines will be issued to anyone not cleaning up after their dog, or leaving a filled dog poo bag behind.
Under effective control exercise areas
- Charles Hand Park, Rosny
- Montagu Bay Reserve (bounded by Conara Road and Rosny Esplanade)
- Regional parks and bushland areas, which have not declared to be on-lead, or restricted to dogs, such as the Waverley Flora Park and many suburban parks. Please check local signage.
On lead exercise areas
- Multi-user pathways (including areas immediately adjacent to the track to a distance of 2 metres)
- Rosny Hill Nature Recreation Area
- Bellerive Boardwalk (waterside perimeter only)
- Nature recreation areas (managed by Parks and Wildlife Service)
- Clarence Foreshore Trail: This is a multi-user pathway which follows the shore of the Derwent River and it is one of the most popular dog walking areas within Clarence. The trail extends from Geilston Bay to Tranmere. Dogs must be kept on-lead at all times when on this shared pathway. This on-lead requirement extends out to a distance of 2 metres on either side of the track.
- Bellerive Boardwalk (excluding the waterside perimeter where dogs may be walked on-lead on the multi user pathway)
- Sporting recreation grounds and perimeters.
- Any grounds of a school, preschool, kindergarten, crèche or other place for the reception of children without the permission of a person in charge of the area
- Any shopping centre or any shop
- Any area within 10 metres of a children’s playground
- Kangaroo Bay Parklands