Community event requirements

Council provides strategic direction for community events and is strongly committed to activities that generate participation across all sectors of the community and contribute to the cultural and economic life of Clarence.

Council undertakes this role in two ways:

Database of temporary food vendors

Council maintains a database of temporary food outlets for local events. The database is used to assist in planning Council events and is available to community groups who wish to source temporary food vendors. If you offer a professional product in a clean and well-presented registered food van or mobile structure, please send details of your business to:

Clarence City Council
Events Coordinator
P O Box 96

(03) 6217 9620

Or email:

Events on Council Land

Permission must be obtained if you wish to hold an event on Council land. Areas such as the Kangaroo Bay Skate Park Stage, Simmons Park Stage in Lindisfarne and the Bellerive Boardwalk Stage are all available for hire subject to the event being suited to the venue. For further information, phone 6217 9695.

Events notification

If you are wishing to hold a public event on private or Council owned land, Council requires you fill out and submit an event notification form. A public event includes, but is not limited to, any performance, exhibition, circus, festival, food festival, pageant, regatta, sports event, dance and publicly advertised lecture or other similar entertainment.

The information received will determine if any other permits are required.  It will also give us the opportunity to contact you and provide any feedback if appropriate. Go to our Forms page for the Event Notification Application. 

Permits may incur a fee; see our fee schedule  for more information. 

Clarence City Council
38 Bligh Street (PO Box 96)
Rosny Park, Tasmania 7018
Telephone:(03) 62 17 9500

Page URL:

Page last Reviewed: 2018-01-02T14:13:49