On this page
Paying your rates
You may pay your rates in total on or before the first instalment date, or by four instalments usually due in July, September, January and March.
- Pay online (see details at top of page);
- By direct debit – Rates Payments Direct Debit Request Form– also available from the Council Offices;
- By direct payment at the Council Offices between 8.45am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday – EFTPOS facilities are available at the Council Offices;
- At any Post Office;
- By mail (cheques should be made payable to the Clarence City Council);
- By credit card, call 1300 276 468, 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- BPAY – contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from your cheque, savings, debit or transaction account. Please note that BPAY payments via credit card are not available; and
- Centrepay – To arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment call Centrelink.
If you receive a pension you may be eligible for a rate reduction. For existing pensioners verified by Social Security or Veterans’ Affairs the reduction will be automatically shown as a reduction on your rates notice.
New pensioners with a date of grant or card start date on their concession card prior to 1 July, need to complete a remission application form before 31 March for the relevant financial year. Applications must be made in person at the Council Offices. You will need to bring your concession card with you.
Property rates are our principal revenue source. Valuations provided by the Valuer-General are used to calculate the rates on each property. Rates are charged for various services and owners pay rates according to whether all or only some of the services supplied are available to a particular property.
2018-19 Fee Schedule
Update your contact details
If your postal address changes please let us know by completing the update my contact details form.