Due to the large crowds anticipated at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, the Blundstone Arena Traffic Management Plan will be in place for the duration of the event.
These safety measures are in place to ensure safety and security of players and patrons of the event, as well as residents and users of the area.
The following streets will be subject to road closures for general traffic on each event day:
- Park Street (entire length between Scott Street and Derwent Street)
- Church Street (entire length between Scott Street and Beach Street)
- Derwent Street (between Douglas Street and the entrance to the beach car park)
- Beach Steet (between Church Street and the bottom of Beach Street)
- Derwent Street carpark will be closed on the 17, 19, 21, 23 and 24 of October between 7.00am and 11.00pm
Free parking for patrons will be provided at the South Street reserve for this event. On-street parking restrictions will be put in place from 6.00am on match days.
The complimentary bus service from the city will be in operation providing patrons the convenience of traveling to the venue on public transport. You can find out more about this service here: www.metrotas.com.au/communication/blog/2022/t20-world-cup-free-travel-for-ticket-holders.