The Australian Government has provided funds to improve the Howrah Road/Clarence Street slip lane at the Howrah Road/Clarence Street intersection under the 2016/17 blackspot program.
Works have been rescheduled to commence on Tuesday 13 June and are expected to take 6 weeks to complete, weather dependent. This will include works taking place during the upcoming school holidays.
Council apologises for any inconvenience these works may cause and seeks the co-operation of motorists and pedestrians in exercising caution and observing signs when in the area.
The work includes:
- Modification of the slip lane from Howrah Road to Clarence Street;
- Footpath and kerb and gutter alterations;
- Relocation of traffic signals with the slip lane;
- Modification of the through traffic lane on Howrah Road into Shoreline Drive; and
- Extension of traffic storage length on the slip lane into Clarence Street from Howrah Road.
Generally works will start from 7.30am and finish at 4.30pm daily. At least one lane each direction will be maintained during peak hour if possible but after peak hour there will only be one lane operating from the Howrah Road. Avoid the intersection if possible from the end of May to the end of June. Council apologises for any inconvenience these works may cause and seeks the co-operation of motorists and pedestrians in exercising caution and observing signs when in the area.
If you have any queries in relation to these works you may contact Council’s Traffic Engineer Mr Gopal Neupane on 6217 9702.