Antisocial behaviour and speeding by some drivers on our roads can cause damage, disturb the peace and threaten the safety of our neighbourhoods. This should not be tolerated.

There is tough legislation available to police to deal with the hoons responsible and stop these incidents from happening, however police often need public assistance to deal with these matters.

Don’t put up with it!

Report antisocial driver behaviour or speeding to police immediately on 131 444, or report online on the Tasmania Police website at

What information do police need from you?

When you Dob in a Hoon the more information provided, the better. Things to note include:

  • Description of driving, for example burn outs, drag racing
  • Description of driver
  • Date and time of offence
  • Precise location of offence
  • Vehicle details including registration, make, model, and colour
  • For more details on what type of information police require visit the Tasmania Police website.

Provision of photographic or video evidence is a powerful tool that can assist police with enquiries into hooning complaints, however if you intend taking these images please consider your safety and do not put yourself in any danger when taking them.

For more information on crime prevention please contact the Tasmania Police.