Town Planning


Clarence Interim Planning Scheme 2015


Planning and subdivision approvals

If you intend to subdivide land, develop or use land/buildings or work from home, it is likely that you will need Council planning approval.

Currently Advertised Proposals

Preliminary Planning Assistance

  • Council Provides a free Heritage Advisory Service to people considering work on a historic building or within a historic precinct. Heritage Advisory Service Infosheet(3637 kb)
  • Council encourages pre-lodgement review of plans, in order to assist prospective applicants to finalise their plans. A Free assessment of plans, including checking for compliance with State Planning Directive (PD4.1) can be requested using the following form: Request for Preliminary Planning Assessment(83 kb).

Planning Documents