Economic development services
The Council is pro-active in the encouragement of sustainable development within the City that will establish or expand business, employment opportunities, or local services. Areas of involvement include the;
- marketing and promotion of the City's location, identity and strengths,
- identification of development opportunities,
- planning the required support infrastructure and services,
- provision of information and advice to potential developers,
- liaison with business, tourism and development organisations (eg Business East, Tourism South),
- provision of rate incentives for business development.