Business support services
Clarence City Council Economic Development Service
The Council is active in the encouragement of sustainable development within the City that will establish or expand business, employment opportunities, or local services. Areas of involvement include:
- Marketing and promotion of the City's location, identity and strengths.
- Identification of development opportunities.
- Planning the required support infrastructure and services.
- Provision of information and advice to potential developers.
- Liaison with business, tourism and development organisations (eg Business East, Destination South, Department of Economic Development).
- Provision of rate incentives for business development.
For more information please contact the Economic Development Officer (03) 6217 9531.
Contact Business East for free and confidential advice if you are considering the establishment of a business in Clarence, the expansion of a currently operating business or if assistance is needed to overcome problems that are hampering your business.
Business East has a vision of a local business community united in its efforts to encourage economic growth and job creation on the Eastern Shore. Business East will identify, initiate, support and expand local business by:
- Guiding potential and existing business operators in their business development.
- Encouraging communication and commerce between businesses and their markets.
- Seeking and initiating business opportunities.
Business Licence Information Service (ABLIS)
The Business Licence Information Service or ABLIS, is designed to assist potential business operators to cut through red tape by providing a service that enables people to gain access, on the spot, to the business licence information they need to start a business.
The Business.gov.au website is an initiative of the Australian Government and all states and territories.
It provides a service to Australian businesses to make it easier to deal with government.
Currently through the website you can:
- Access current information on a wide range of government assistance programs and services, and business information on topics such as taxation, record-keeping, superannuation, occupational health and safety, customs, intellectual property protection and workplace relations.
- Gain a better understanding of your obligations for example, as an employer and for taxation.
- Tailor your query to suit your business and area of operation.
- Privately and securely undertake a number of initial business registrations which are tailored to your needs.
CoacheStuff Enterprise Centre
CoacheStuff provides up to five hours free and confidential business assistance to existing business owners and to people who have just started or are thinking about starting a business.
CoacheStuff also provides business health checks and provide practical guidance, tools, techniques and strategies on all aspects of starting up or running a business.
Businesses can access the service via:
- CoacheStuff Mentoring Service
- 24/7 CoacheStuff online appointment system
- Contacting an Enterprise Centre
- Phone 0459 391 093