Soccer is a very popular sport played in Clarence, with all levels and abilities catered for.
There are a number of locations to play soccer in Clarence:
- Wentworth Park sports ground has been developed specifically for use as a multi pitch soccer ground and is the home ground of Clarence United Soccer Club.
- Edgeworth Street sports ground also has a number of soccer pitches suitable for five a side or junior soccer.
- Soccer is also played at the Cambridge Soccer Ground, 1000 Cambridge Road, Cambridge
- The old Dampier Street Hockey Ground in Warrane is now managed by Olympia Football Club as a Premier League facility.
- Organised Indoor Soccer is played at the Clarence Sports Centre in 20 Loinah Crs, Montagu Bay and the Eastern Shore Indoor Sports Centre in Percy Street, Bellerive.
The soccer season covers the period April through until September each year.
The soccer associations providing organised soccer in Clarence are
Football Federation Tasmania
KGV Soccer House, Grove Road, Glenorchy 7010
Phone: (03) 6273 3299
Eastern Region Junior Soccer Association
P.O. Box 1051, Rosny Park 7018