Disability Access Plan
Council adopted the Disability Access Plan 2007-2011 on the 8 May 2007.
The Disability Access Plan provides strategic direction for Council to meet the needs of its residents and visitors with disabilities, its overall objective being to facilitate sustainable actions to meet the community's needs over the next 5 years.
If you would like to receive a copy of the plan or require more information please contact the Community Development Officer on 6245 8780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates on Progress
The implementation of the Disability Access Plan has seen a variety of projects and programs being introduced over the last 5 years.
With the assistance of the Disability Access Advisory committee (DDAC), the current plan will be reviewed during 2012. The following is a snapshot of some of the achievements:
- Developed an Access and Mobility map for the City
- Facilitated the development of guidelines for Accessible Information for Council including:
- Developing a register for residents who require their rates newsletter in alternative formats; and
- Ensuring Council’s website and publications are of a format and design that is accessible
- Overseen the prioritisation of Council’s assets and amenities for access upgrades and renewals
- Ensured that elected members and Council staff have had access to Disability Awareness Training