Kangaroo Bay Location
Kangaroo Bay is a sheltered bay and waterfront precinct at Bellerive, Tasmania on the eastern shore of the Derwent estuary, across the harbour from the Hobart docks.
The vistas from Bellerive and Kangaroo Bay are regarded as some of the best views of Hobart city and Mt Wellington.
Bellerive has a national and international profile due to Bellerive Oval (Blundstone Arena), a venue for first class cricket and AFL.
Kangaroo Bay is located:
- 10 minute drive from Hobart’s city centre via the Tasman Bridge;
- 15 minute drive from the Hobart International Airport via the Tasman Highway;
- 10 minute from the Hobart docks via water taxi;
- 5 minute walk from Rosny Park commercial centre.
- 10 minute walk from Blundstone Arena.
The development precinct is adjacent to Rosny Park, the main activity centre for Hobart’s eastern shore and south-east region of Tasmania with a range of commercial, government, health and community services, including the Eastlands shopping centre.
Kangaroo Bay is within the City of Clarence, the fastest growing city in Tasmania.