Clarence City Industrial Development Strategy
The Clarence Industrial Development Strategy was received by Council on 4 February 2008. The report provides a strategic framework for guiding industrial growth to meet the needs of the City over the coming years. On the basis of the Strategy, Council has decided to prepare planning scheme amendments for future industrial growth areas, for Council's consideration, at the appropriate time.
In summary, the purpose of the project was to:
- examine the location of existing industrial areas;
- examine planning issues associated with industrial development;
- to review the demand and supply of industrial land in the City;
- to identify the opportunities and constraints for future industrial growth in the City;
- to recommend a strategy to enable Council to attract industry to appropriate locations.