Download the Clarence Interim Planning Scheme 2015
Planning and subdivision approvals
If you intend to subdivide land, develop or use land/buildings or work from home, it is likely that you will need Council planning approval.
Currently Advertised Proposals
Preliminary Planning Assistance
- Council Provides a free Heritage Advisory Service to people considering work on a historic building or within a historic precinct. Heritage Advisory Service Infosheet(3637 kb)
Council encourages pre-lodgement review of plans, in order to assist prospective applicants to finalise their plans. A Free assessment of plans, including checking for compliance with State Planning Directive (PD4.1) can be requested using the following form: Request for Preliminary Planning Assessment(83 kb).
- Application Forms
- Clarence Activity Centre Strategy
- Clarence Interim Car Parking Plan 2015(19 kb)
- Development in Bushfire Prone Areas(421 kb)
- Electronic Lodgment and processing of Planning Applications - Infosheet(183 kb)
- Headworks Levy Policy
- Lauderdale Structure Plan
- Public Art Code
- Public Open Space Policy
- Richmond Townscape Study(1610 kb)
Standard Conditions - Development and Subdivision Applications(763 kb)
Superceded Planning Schemes
The Clarence Interim Planning Scheme 2015 replaced the previous Clarence Planning Scheme 2007, which superceded three former planning schemes - Eastern Shore Planning Scheme 1963, Eastern Shore (Area 2) Planning Scheme 1986 and Richmond Planing Scheme 1993.