What CAN I put in my recycling bin?
Please remove lids and caps, rinse clean and empty all containers.
- Glass Bottles and Jars only - DO NOT BREAK
- Aluminium Cans and clean Foil Trays - DO NOT CRUSH.
- Steel Cans –including empty aerosol, empty paint tins and pet food cans - DO NOT CRUSH.
- Milk, Cream & Juice cartons - DO NOT FLATTEN
- Plastic Beverage, Food and Non-Food Containers - including margarine, ice cream, yoghurt, shampoo and household detergent containers, plus other containers with the triangle symbol 1 - 7.
- Clean cardboard
- Clean newspaper, magazines, junk mail and office paper
PLEASE DO NOT put any of the following items into your recycling bin
Please do not put recycling items in plastic bags or tie in bundles.
- No nappies or medical matter
- No plastic bags
- No motor oil, acid, solvent or chemical containers
- No meat trays or foam trays
- No squeeze-tube toothpaste or squeeze-tube shampoo containers
- No polystyrene or foam
- No plant pots or trays
- No cigarette cartons or packets
- No cardboard pizza or take away food boxes
- No drinking glass, window glass, light bulbs or broken glass
- No ceramics, pottery, cookware or crockery
- No clothing or shoes
- No rubbish or other waste either garden or household
An option is now available to upgrade from your standard size 140 litre wheelie bin to a larger 240 litre bin, for an additional service fee. If you would like more information on this upgrade then please contact Council on 6245 8600 or 6245 8632.