Paying your rates
You may pay your rates in total on or before the first instalment date, or by four instalments usually due in July, September, January and March.
Payments may be made:
- by direct payment at the Council Offices between 8.45 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday - EFTPOS facilities are available at the Council Offices
- by mail (cheques should be made payable to the Clarence City Council)
- at any Post Office
- by direct debit (application forms are available from the Rates Office)
- or you can pay your rates online
- by credit card, call 1300 276 468, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
New rates payment options
Council is offering new, convenient ways to pay rates, adding BPay and Centrepay (deductions from Centrelink payments) to its range of options.
BPay means property owners will be able to pay rates from their savings or cheque accounts over the telephone and internet, in addition to our existing credit card services.
The other new option is Centrepay, which is a Centrelink system for individuals to have regular deductions for rates made from their Centrelink payments.
For more information, please contact the rates office.