Rates, fees and payments
Click on the bpoint logo below to pay the following:
- Dog Registration
- Outside School Hours Care
- Dog Infringements
- Traffic Infringements
Paying your rates
You may pay your rates in total on or before the first instalment date, or by four instalments usually due in July, September, January and March.
Payments may be made:
- by direct payment at the Council Offices between 8.45 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday - EFTPOS facilities are available at the Council Offices
- by mail (cheques should be made payable to the Clarence City Council)
- at any Post Office
- by direct debit (application forms are available from the Rates Office)
- or you can pay your rates online (see details at top of page)
- by credit card, call 1300 276 468, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- BPAY - Contact your bank or financial institution to make this payment from your cheque, savings, debit or transaction account. Please note that BPAY payments via credit card are not available.
- Centrepay - To arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment call Centrelink or contact the rates office on (03) 6245 8649 to request a Centrepay deductions form.
For more information, please contact the rates office.
If you receive a pension you may be eligible for a rate remission. For existing pensioners, verified by Social Security or Veterans' Affairs, the remission will be automatically shown as a reduction on your rates notice.
New pensioners (if date of grant is prior to 1 July) should complete a remission form before 31 March for the relevant financial year.
Rates and charges policy
Property rates are Council's principal revenue source. Valuations provided by the Valuer-General are used to calculate the rates on each property.
Rates are charged for various services and owners pay rates according to whether all or only some of the services supplied are available to a particular property.
For rates enquiries contact Clarence City Council.
Rates correspondence email
Change of postal address