Land and Coast Care Grants
Clarence City Council has allocated funding to support land and coastcare projects in the Clarence local government area.
The grants assist local groups to run environmental projects predominantly on Council managed land. Projects not on Council managed land can still be eligible but the application will need to demonstrates an outstanding community benefit.
Landcare, coastcare, scout, guide, service club and school groups are invited to complete applications to help fund projects that meet the grant assessment criteria below. Projects which meet the assessment criteria are eligible for grants up to $5,000.
Applications have now been extended to 5.00pm Monday 19 September 2016.
Grant Assessment Criteria
The criteria below will act as a guide to assess the grant applications.. A ranking system will not be used to assess grants and only a yes or no assessment is needed based on the content of each application:
- Project demonstrates a broader community benefit
- Grant applications represents good value for the cost of the project (money and in-kind support)
- Group has the current capacity (consider membership, time, skills, motivation and experience) to manage their Landcare project
- Group has the potential future capacity (see above) to maintain outcomes (regular monitoring, follow up weed control, watering, gapping up of plantings etc.)
- Project will increase the skills and abilities of the group
- Project has significant conservation outcomes (improves biodiversity health, reduces threats to natural values)
- Project has the potential to enable or catalyse the development and implementation of other beneficial projects or create significant awareness of the local natural resource values and their management issues.
- Project actions are easy to implement and not complex
- Grant application and project have links with a management plan or relevant strategy
- Grant promotes community engagement and awareness
For more information, contact the Grants Committee Liaison Officer on 6217 9714 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.