Garbage, recycling, green waste & e-waste
Receive waste collection reminders with the My Local app
A domestic collection service is provided throughout the urban areas of the City.
Collection runs begin at 6.00am.
All loose rubbish to be placed in the waste bin should be bagged or wrapped.
Do not place rubbish on top of or beside the bin.
The waste bin is for domestic rubbish only and heavy building items like bricks, steel or timber and paint, chemicals or motor oil should not be placed in your bin.
If garbage is not collected because it does not comply with requirements. a fluorescent orange sticker detailing the reasons will be attached to the uncollected items.
An option is now available to upgrade from your standard size 80 litre wheelie bin to a larger 120 litre bin, for an additional service fee. If you would like more information on this upgrade then please contact Council on 6217 9500 or 6217 9690.
What CAN I put in my recycling bin?
Please remove lids and caps, rinse clean and empty all containers.
- Glass Bottles and Jars only - DO NOT BREAK
- Aluminium Cans and clean Foil Trays - DO NOT CRUSH.
- Steel Cans –including empty aerosol, empty paint tins and pet food cans - DO NOT CRUSH.
- Milk, Cream & Juice cartons - DO NOT FLATTEN
- Plastic Beverage, Food and Non-Food Containers - including margarine, ice cream, yoghurt, shampoo and household detergent containers, plus other containers with the triangle symbol 1 - 7.
- Clean cardboard
- Clean newspaper, magazines, junk mail and office paper
PLEASE DO NOT put any of the following items into your recycling bin
Please do not put recycling items in plastic bags or tie in bundles.
- No nappies or medical matter
- No plastic bags
- No motor oil, acid, solvent or chemical containers
- No meat trays or foam trays
- No squeeze-tube toothpaste or squeeze-tube shampoo containers
- No polystyrene or foam
- No plant pots or trays
- No cigarette cartons or packets
- No cardboard pizza or take away food boxes
- No drinking glass, window glass, light bulbs or broken glass
- No ceramics, pottery, cookware or crockery
- No clothing or shoes
- No rubbish or other waste either garden or household
An option is now available to upgrade from your standard size 140 litre wheelie bin to a larger 240 litre bin, for an additional service fee. If you would like more information on this upgrade then please contact Council on 6217 9500 or 6217 9690.
All green waste collected is taken to the Mornington Park Waste Transfer Station where it is processed into a range of re-usable materials including mulch and compost.Council provides a 4 weekly wheelie bin roadside collection service to urban and rural village residents for the recycling of green waste material.
The items featured can be placed in your green waste bin and please note this service does not include food scraps.
Excess Green Waste
Residents can request an extra green waste bin for an additional service fee. Please contact Council on 6217 9690 to request details of this service. Alternatively residents may take any excess green waste to the Mornington Park Waste Transfer Station. The cost of disposal of this excess green waste will depend on the quantity you deliver.
The National Recycling Scheme now provides a free recycling service for television and computer equipment. Simply call Scott Woods of Harvey Norman Cambridge on 6248 3307 to arrange the drop off of this equipment. This then assists the City Mission who will dismantle the items and receive valuable income.