Events in Clarence

Events in Clarence

For the full annual list of Events in Clarence go to Events calendar.

Check out the Arts and Events website

Clarence City Council provides strategic direction for community events and is strongly committed to activities, which generate participation across all sectors of the community and contribute to the cultural and economic life of Clarence.

Council undertakes this role in two ways:

  • Manage an annual program of festivals.
  • Assist community groups to manage events conducted within the City by:
    • Providing advice and support.
    • Offering bi-annual Community Grants.
    • Access to venues.
    • Marketing assistance.

Annual community events presented by Council include:

  • Australia Day Breakfast on the Bellerive Boardwalk
  • Clarence Carols by Candlelight
  • Clarence Jazz Festival
  • Dog's Day Out
  • Seafarer's Festival
  • ST.ART Festival
  • World Games Day

For more information about events in Clarence or how to get support for an event or festival, call (03) 6217 9620 or email

Download the Clarence Events Plan 2014-2018(3636 kb)


Events on Council Land

Permission must be obtained if you wish to hold an event on Council land. Areas such as the Kangaroo Bay Skate Park Stage, Simmons Park Stage in Lindisfarne and the Bellerive Boardwalk Stage are all available for hire.

Please phone 6217 9695 for further information.



Attention temporary food vendors

A database of temporary food outlets for local events is regularly updated.

The database is used to assist in planning Council events and is available to community groups who wish to source temporary food vendors.

If you offer a professional product in a clean and well presented temporary food van or stand, please send details of your business in writing to:

Clarence City Council
Events Coordinator
P O Box 96

(03) 6217 9620

Or email:


Events notification

If you are holding a public event, Council requires you fill out and submit an event notification form. A public event is any performance, exhibition, spectacle, circus, festival, food festival, pageant, regatta, sports event, dance, publicly advertised lecture or other similar entertainment for the public (as defined in Public Health Act 1997, Guidelines for Health and Safety in Public Places). 

The information received will determine if a Place of Assembly Licence is required (by law). It will also help us advertise your event and identify any potential problems. 

Go to our Forms page to download an Event Notification Application.